Monday, October 1, 2012

Final Accountability

October 1, 2012

 
 
     I have sewn 31.45 hours on my cross  stitch quilt during the month of September.  I am very thankful to Bonnie Hunter for this challenge.  You can view everyone's progress on her blog here

        These pictures are what I have accomplished this month. 

 

                 
                  I started at this point.  I had started this quilt 41 years ago.                                               



I worked on it while Bonnie was on Web Cam.  This was not
where I thought I would work.  I planned to work on it in the
recliner that sits behind my desk.

 
Scruffy often looks over my shoulder.
 

                        
            I think this looks like an angel instead of a flower.



                 I did finish this leaf before I moved the hoop.



                         This doesn't look like alot of progress.  Remember
                                 


                                      I broke my arm on September 3rd.



This is my final effort for our challenge.  I hope I will be able
to report one day that this quilt is finished being cross stitched
and that I have begun to quilt it or have it quilted.  You will
probably here me shout all the way to where you are.

I also realized that one of the reasons that I quit working on this
was because the crosses get pulled very easily.  I remember seeing
one of these that was quilted in Pennsylvania in about 1986 while
I was visiting my son at college.  It can be done but the quilt won't
stand for much use.  I am very thankful that it has still held up
to my working on it. 

I purchased the one with the most work because I wanted to get
my $10.00 worth.  I think I can say that I definitely did.

Have a wonderful Monday.

                                         Carolyn



                                                 
                                                     
                                                   
                                                   
 
                                                
                                                                                                                       

 

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! You sound like me, buying the one with the most work to get your money's worth. Too funny! It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have done very well with a broken arm, good reason to sit and sew.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment.