Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FALL CLEANING

September 12, 2012

                                                                                                  
  Last evening Wayne and Haley came home with some mums.
The petunias have spent all their bloom and only the herbs are
still doing well.  I should say that I gave them too much Miracle Grow last week.  It has yellowed some of the parsley.


I bring the herbs inside during the cold weather.  They add such a nice aroma to the house and make the food taste so good.  They
get plenty of sun through my patio doors.

Last night Bonnie talked about getting ready for Christmas. I am not making Christmas gifts.  My handwork doesn't have the details or perfection that it once did.  However with the cooler weather I decided to get everyone to get the Christmas ornaments from
the third floor to the storage so it will be ready.  This year I want to
get out all the decorations like I used to.  I promised everyone last
year that we would.  I want the house to look like The Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, TN.


We went down to Gatlinburg, TN on our honeymoon almost 48 years ago and we still love it.  It has changed so much as have we.

Now that we have started this cleaning it just seems like there is
so much more to do, windows, baseboards, doors, etc. These pretty days make it so hard to keep cleaning...and what I really want to do is to go down to my sewing room and just spend the day playing. 
Even Dan is calling me out to come and play with him.  He is ready.  Fall cleaning can wait another day.


Have a wonderful Wednesday.
 
                                      Carolyn

                                            

                                   
                                                 

                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.