Sunday, September 23, 2012

RAVEN'S 14TH BIRTHDAY

September 23, 2012


Today is a special day for me.  My first service dog Raven ll
turns 14. 

 He is a wonderful blessing that Canine Companions
for Independence gave to me on August 19, 2000.  We are
represented by the SE Center in Orlando.  Because the center
wasn't fully operational I went to the NE Center on Long Island
to get Raven.  He was trained by Janet Evans who was a puppy raiser for CCI.  She was a high school English teacher. 

Raven learned his commands perfectly.  He went from Alaska
to the Caribbean on cruise ships.  He even has a couple of pages written about him in a book "Love Heels". I can't tell you enough
about all the times Raven was my hero.  He just is.



  When it became time for Raven to retire he went to live with
my dear friend Jean.  He as been her devoted companion since
that time.  I couldn't ask for him to be in a better place.



I love you Ravinsky.  I am so thrilled we have had you for these
years.  God willing, we will have you for several more birthdays.



Have a blessed Sunday.

                                              Carolyn
                                                                           
                                                
                                             
                                                  
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.