Tuesday, September 4, 2012



September 4, 2012

Broken Wing

I am squawking like someone is pulling all my feathers out at
once!   The cross stitch qiilt project that I agreed to start yesterday
turned into an ostrich egg. 


  This old bird :

                                         


tripped into a vent hole.. 

                    
                                      
                                  Yes, This very one.
                        I sprawled out like a huge lump...
                         My crutches didn't even help.



                                              
                                                           
      My faithful husband of almost 48 years forgot to tell
 me that he had removed it.  Even his dog, Walker, didn't
spill the secret.

 Now, I have a very bad headache. Old ladies and birds should know to not hit their heads on the corner of the cabinet.  They certainly should know hot coffee doesn't make for a refreshing shower...just a sticky mess.


  


              Worst of all they should know that you can't hand
stitch with a broken wing.  This is the first actual break I
have had....  so I am lucky...but there goes my commitment
to do wing work.   That is unless I can figure out how to
use my beak.

I would urge all those who have any interest in quilting and history
to visit my favorite blog by Bonnie http://quiltville.blogspot.com/.
She is an encourager, a great author, a wonderful teacher and she
cares that you are who you are.  My bucket list includes getting together with all the friends I am making from her site and doing
a class with Bonnie.

                                Have a great Tuesday!!

                                         
                                             


                                                






              

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment.